Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Illiusionist

A magician never tells their secrets
but I finally told you mine
when I could no longer bear the
earth shattering sound of my silence
and could no longer pretend that what
I felt was just some trick of the light
when I knew that to me    you were magic,
I asked you to join me
in a second act
and fingertips have never been so strong,
and their touch gives me amnesia.
I have seen magic tricks
but have never felt your sleight of hand.
The heat of your touch
melts away the coldness of my past
breaks me free of the cage I'd left myself in
without bothering to palm the key

you offered me the conjured remedies
of a broken heart,
delivered free of charge
all I gave you was my love
(I'd always been told it was worthless)
and I offered it to you feebly.
what had always been carelessly tossed aside
you gently grasped in
your hands
because you knew that sometimes
what one believes is trash
could transform into a dove if just given
the right push

you could feel that there was still magic left there
could feel your hands cup my face perfectly
knew you had powers of your own
and as you kissed me, you brought out the girl who still wanted to learn
the secrets of love
needed to know that deception and illusions
weren't necessary in order to love her
and your lips make the complications and
imperfections of myself and my past
become nothing more than
smoke and mirrors.

I no longer see love as an illusion
just magic.
(Abracadabra)

No comments:

Post a Comment